Starting Presentation Type Verb Description
The given / The diagram / table / figure / shows / represents / the comparison of ….
supplied / The illustration / graph / depicts / illustrates / the differences ….
presented / The figure / chart / flow chart presents/ gives / the number of ….
shown / / picture/ presentation/ provides / describes / information on ….
The provided pie chart/bar graph/ line compares/ shows / data on ….
graph / table data/ data / figures / gives data on / the proportion of….
information gives information on/ the amount of ….
presents information information on….
about/ shows data about
1. The provided diagram shows data on employment categories in energy-producing sectors in Europe starting from 1925 to 1985.
2. The given pie charts represent the proportion of male and female employee in 6 broad categories, divided into manual and non-manual occupations.
3. The chart gives information on expenditures of 4 European countries on six consumer products namely Germany, Italy, Britain and France.
Vocabulary for the General trends Part: In general, In common, As is presented, Generally speaking, As is observed. Example:
1. In general, the employment opportunity has increased till 1970 and has dropped down afterwards.
2. As is observed, the figures for imprisonment in the five mentioned countries show no overall pattern of increase or decrease rather shows the considerable fluctuation from country to country.
3. Generally speaking, the USA had far more standard life than all the other 4 mentioned countries.