- Talk about someone who encourages you to achieve goals or someone who encouraged you to achieve a goal (PAST TENSE)
– Who is the person?
– How is he/she related to you?
– How does he/she encourage you?
– What this person encouraged you to do?
– Something about that person which you like the most?
– Why this encouragement helped you to achieve the goal?
- I think motivation is very important in life.
- Without motivation or inspiration, it is very difficult to achieve goals in life.
- Some people get motivated internally while some rely on others to guide or encourage them.
- Today, I would like to talk about my brother who has always supported me in whatever I have done and his guidance has helped me achieve many goals.
- My brother’s name is Preet and he is a Captain in the Indian Army.
- He himself has been successful in everything that he has done in his life.
- He has been a topper throughout his academic and professional career.
- Whatever challenges life has thrown at him, he has always cleared them successfully.
- At the same time, he has also helped me to become successful in my endeavors.
- Recently, he helped me in achieving my fitness goal.
- For a long time, I wanted to join the gym and become fit.
- But I was not regular with my exercise routine and there was no one at the gym to guide me.
- My brother came home for 2 months’ vacation and I shared my problem with him since he is from an Army background.
- He told me that he will join the gym with me and he helped me plan a routine for my fitness.
- We started going together to the gym and throughout the training he pushed me to give my best performance.
- Within few weeks I could see changes in my strength and fitness levels.
- After a period of 2 months I was able to achieve my fitness goal.
- I can perform lot many exercises without any difficulty and I was also able to complete a marathon race.
- I have developed a lean muscular body and wherever I go people always ask me how I was able to do it.
- I always give the credit to my brother who stayed with me and encouraged me to achieve this goal in life.
- In the end I would like to say that, like my brother, I also try to motivate people to work harder and fulfil their dreams
Part 3 – Follow up Questions
- Why it is important for teenagers to set the goals?
Teenage years are formative years in terms of realizing one’s interests and choosing a field to pursue for higher education. So it becomes important to be focused and set goals in those years. That also helps them channelize their energy, as it is known that teenagers are impulsive and restless.
- What will encourage children to learn more?
Children learn more through interactive activities that are educative and fun at the same time. If they involved in such activities they tend to participate actively and learn.
- Do parents and teachers punish children nowadays?
No, it is not common to find parents and teachers punish children the way it was done a few decades ago. However, to understand the consequences of their actions there are certain ways the parents and teachers make them do certain tasks, like giving them time out or making them do some chores. This form of punishment is not corporal and makes children learn from their mistakes in a better and effective manner.
- Who do you think has greater influence on the goal-setting of children? Teachers or parents?
I think both have an equally important role to play. Parents and teachers both understand the strengths and weaknesses of the children and can guide them to realize their potential and help them set goals.