- What is it
- Where you will do it
- Whether it is easy or difficult
- Why would you like to try it
• The water sport I would like to try in future will be River Rafting.
• Although I do not know how to swim but river rafting is done by wearing safety jackets, so one does
not drown in the water.
• It is an adventurous water sport.
• There are many other water sports like deep sea diving, jet ski, para sailing etc but I want to try this
• I learnt about river rafting from one of my best friends.
• He did River Rafting last year during the summers and he told me it is really exciting.
• In my country people go to Rishikesh for white water rafting.
• It’s a beautiful town located in the state of Uttrakhand.
• People do rafting on Ganges River which flows between the Himalayan mountains.
• One can do rafting for 12 kilometers or 16 kilometers.
• Rafting is not a difficult sport, it can be done by people of all age groups.
• But, you need to have an expert guide you because at some places it gets dangerous.
• That is why they provide safety equipment like helmets and life jackets to everyone.
• Rafting is done early in the morning.
• Each raft can carry approximately 6-8 people and a guide sits at the end.
• The raft is inflated using air and people paddle to drive it forward.
• During the course, there are several rapids in the river which bring a lot of thrill.
• When raft goes through the rapids it gets very fast and can sometimes go up in the air as well.
• I want to try this sport because I have never tried adventure sports in my life and this water sport
sounds really exciting to me.
• I will probably do rafting during the next summers.