- What were you doing at that time?
• Everyone has a mobile phone these days.
• There are many instances when we can overhear the conversations of other people, especially in
crowded or public places.
• I remember one such instance when I heard someone talking over the phone and I couldn’t help but
• It was on a train journey from Delhi to Chandigarh, around 3-4 months ago.
• There was an old lady sitting next to me.
• Even though I was reading a book, I could figure out from her conversations that her children were
calling her to enquire about her journey.
• Towards the end of the journey, she got a call again.
• It was from one of her children and she was talking about the pick-up arrangements from the railway
• I could understand from her conversation that the arrangements made by her children were canceled
by the driver due to some reason.
• She was getting a little worried about how she would be able to get home.
• She was talking about not knowing how to use the Uber app on the phone.
• I decided to step in and help her with it.
• I offered to book the cab for her through the app.
• She gladly accepted and made me speak to her daughter.
• I explained where I live and that dropping her mother would be on the way.
• She was extremely grateful and thanked me for the help.
• When we reached, I booked a cab to drop her first and then me.
• She was very thankful and offered to pay for it.
• I politely declined. She gave me blessings and we exchanged our contact numbers.
• I always feel happy/content when I think about that day and being able to help someone.