-Where it was
– What it looked like
– What you did there
– And explain why you liked it there
• I have visited many gardens in my life.
• But here I would like to talk about the Rock Garden in Chandigarh.
• It is very different from the conventional gardens as there are no trees and plants in it like other parks.
• I went there last month with my friends.
• We had heard a lot about the tourist attractions of Chandigarh and wanted to visit it once.
• We were four friends – Ravi, Rohan, Rajinder and I.
• Ravi took his car and we shared the expense of diesel.
• We saw many places like the Rose Garden, Sukhna Lake, Mini zoo and the Rock Garden.
• The Rock Garden by Nek Chand is very interesting because it is made entirely of trash.
• We spent two hours there and clicked a lot of photographs.
• About 5000 people visit the rock garden daily.
• It has around 5000 sculptures.
• It is a unique garden that consists of various art objects.
• But the best part about the rock garden is that each of its artwork has been made by using waste
• The Rock Garden has become immensely popular.
• Rock garden has been established in the form of an open-air exhibition hall.
• The garden has sculptures made by using a variety of different discarded waste materials like frames,
mudguards, forks, handle bars, metal wires, play marbles, porcelain, auto parts, broken bangles etc.
• The garden highlights the value of materials many people consider trash.
• People come from different parts of the world to see this amazing garden.
• It is located in Sector 1 near the Sukhna Lake.
• Nek Chand received the PadamShri in 1983 for his efforts.
• A sculpture also appeared on an Indian postage stamp.
• The Chandigarh Rock Garden is now acknowledged as one of the modern wonders of the world.