- A Leisure activity that you do with your family
– What activity it is
– When do you do it
– With whom do you do it
– Do you enjoy doing it
- I always look forward to spending some leisure time with my family.
- Usually, on public holidays and weekends we get that opportunity.
- I would like to talk about an activity that we do as a family on such off days.
- It is playing the board game – Scrabble.
- In this game, words have to be created using tiles that have letters and points printed on them.
- The board has a crossword like design and the tiles are placed on the board to create words and get scored according to the points on the tiles.
- The board also has some squares that add or multiply the points.
- We are a family of four and we usually play this game as individual participants and sometimes in pairs.
- This is the time we get to really bond and chat with each other, while having fun playing the game.
- Sometimes we fight with each other, but playfully.
- While growing up too, my siblings and I used to play this game.
- Our parents made sure that even during playtime we learn something.
- This game has had a tremendous role to play in building our vocabulary.
- Even though there are many game apps these days that emulate this game, but the real fun is in playing the actual board game.
- I believe that children should be made to play such games, through which they get to learn something and also spend quality time with family and friends.
Part 3 – Follow up Questions
- What leisure activites are popular in your country?
India is a diverse country. All sorts of leisure activities are popular in india. Some people watch TV, some listen music, some read books, some visit relatives or friends, and some do their hobbies.
- What leisure activities do young people like?
Young people like watching movies, surfing the net, chatting with friends, hanging out with friends, gymming and many more activities.
- Do leisure activities have to be educational?
Not necessarily. Leisure activities may be just for relaxation.
- Do men and women like different leisure activities?
Nowadays there are no gender differences. Both men and women do similar leisure activities.