Writing task 1 (a report)
We were given two line graphs showing the number of visitors from France and America in the UK. One was showing visitors for business, and the other – for tourism. We had to summarise and compare both graphs.
Writing Task 2 (an essay)
Nowadays shops have extended opening hours almost every day of the week in many countries. Is it a positive or negative development for shoppers and the local community?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– Do you live in a house or a flat?
– Do you use sunglasses?
– Do you like to receive sunglasses as a gift?
– Did you ever lose sunglasses?
– What is your favourite colour? Why?
– What colour would you use for a bedroom?
– Is the colour of a car important to you?
– Do you think people were more patient in the past? Why?
– What jobs need patience? Why?
Describe a meeting or discussion about fake news. Please say
– What was it about?
– When and where did it happen?
– Did it distract you?
– Why do people believe in fake news?
– Are social media apps spreading fake news?
– Why do people read or watch fake news?
– Are you planning to use social media apps in the future?
– Why does the media spread fake news?
– When are fake news very dangerous or destructive?